- Duration : 3 Years
- Approved by : D.G. Shipping, Mumbai.
- Affiliated by : Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi, Karnataka.
- CIP Ranking : Grade A1 (Outstanding) by Indian Register of Shipping
Category 1 :
Candidate can join 2nd year of 4-Year Marine Engineering Degree Course provided he has passed 1st year training from the Alternate TJaining Scheme, approved by D.G. Shipping (This will not be applicable to MERI).
Category 2 :
Candidates can join 2nd year of 4-Year Marine Engineering Degree Course who have passed 1st year from the Engineering College in other streams like Mechanical or Electrical approved by AICTE with minimum 60% average marks.
Category 3 :
Candidates can join 2nd year of 4-Year Marine Engineering Degree Course who have passed 3 years Diploma Course in Mechanical / Marine / Electrical / Electrical and Electronics, from the colleges approved by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education with minimum 55% of aggregate marks in the last year of Diploma Course.
Category 4 :
A candidate can join 2nd year of 4-Year Marine Engineering Degree course who have passed 4 years Diploma in Ship Building Engineering from the colleges approved by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education with minimum 55% aggregate marks in the last year of diploma course.
Category 5 :
Candidates can join 2nd year of 4-Year Marine Engineering Degree Course who have passed 3 years Diploma Course in the following categories, from the colleges approved by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education with minimum 55% of aggregate marks in the last year of Diploma Course:- Mechanical Engineering Stream: Automobile / Machine Tools and Maintenance / Plant Engineering / Production Technology / Production Engineering / Advanced Diploma in Tool and Die Making. Electrical Engineering Stream: Electrical Power System. Electrical and Electronics Engineering Stream: Digital Electronics / Electronics and Communications / Electronics & Telecommunication / Industrial Electronics / Electronics / Electronics Production & Maintenance / Instrumentation /lnstrumentation & Control.
The candidate must have secured minimum of 50% marks in English language at 10th or 12th standard or in the Degree / Diploma course conducted by recognized Board or University.
Qualified in Online Common Entrance Test.
The Candidate should appear for IMU Common Entrance Test and must pass the test. The application form for IMU CET is available on www.imu.edu.in
Passport is Mandatory.
Maximum 25 Years.
Candidates must be medically fit including eye sight and hearing as prescibed in the Merchant Shipping (Medical Examination) Rules, 2000, as amended and eyesight up to (+ or -) 2.5 with no colour blindness. Minimum height should be 157 centimetres.
1. The candidate must have passed the 10th and 12th standard from a recognized board.
2. Category 1, 2, 3 and 4 candidates are exempted from appearing in all subjects of Part 'A' of both MEO Class - IV and MEO Class - II grade of examinations.
3. Category 5: candidates are not eligible for exemption in the examination of Applied Mechanics and Heat Engine subject of Part 'A' MEO Class IV and Class II of Certificate of Competency Examinations.
4. A relaxation of 5% marks in English shall be granted to the candidates who are native of the Lakshadweep and Andaman and Nicobar islands and belong to Scheduled Tribes and who and both of whoose parents were born in those islands and belong to the Scheduled Tribes of those islands.
5. The maximum age limit mentioned above shall be applicable for General Category candidates.
6. The maximum age limit for candidates belonging to "Scheduled Caste" (SC) / "Scheduled Tribe" (ST) Category shall be relaxed by 5 years.
7. The maximum age limit for candidates belonging to Non-creamy layer of "Other Backward Classes' (OBC) Category shall be relaxed by 3 years.
8. The maximum age limit for women candidates of each Category shall be relaxed by additional 2 years.