- Duration : 1 Year
- Approved by : D.G. Shipping, Mumbai.
- CIP Ranking : Grade A1 (Outstanding) by Indian Register of Shipping
Category 1 :
BE or BTECH in Mechanical Engineering with minimum marks of 50% in final year.
Category 2 :
A full time BE or BTECH in all Mechanical Engineering streams eg. Mechanical adn Automation, Mechanical and Electronics, Mechanical and Automobile etc. However, the word "Mechanical" should be first indicating that Mechanical Engineering is the core and the second subject is the elective.
Category 3 :
Candidates who have degree in all Naval Architecture streams eg. Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Naval Architecture and Ship building, etc. However, the word "Naval Architecture" should be first indicating that Naval Architecture is the core and the second subject is the elective.
The candidate must have secured minimum of 50% marks in English language at 10th or 12th or in Degree Exam.
Passport is Mandatory.
Maximum 28 Years.
Candidates should be physically fit for sea service under standard norms, with eyesight up to (+ or -) 2.5 with no colour blindness. Minimum height should be 157 centimetres.
1. Category 1, 2 and 3 - The BE / BTECH degree or any other higher degree such as 5 year integrated M.E / M.Tech degree must have been obtained from AICTE approved institute or the IIT's or from University Engineering Colleges (Colleges directly run by University).
2. Category 1 candidates are exempted from appearing in all subjects of Part 'A' of both MEO Class - IV and MEO Class - II grade of examinations.
3. Category 2 and 3 candidates will be required to pass Part 'A' subjects of both MEO Class IV and MEO Class II grade of examinations. These candidates may be considered for exemption from appearing in subject of Mathematics and Applied Mechanics.
4. A relaxation of 5% marks in English shall be granted to the candidates who are native of the Lakshadweep and Andaman and Nicobar islands and belong to Scheduled Tribes and who and both of whoose parents were born in those islands and belong to the Scheduled Tribes of those islands.
5. The maximum age limit mentioned above shall be applicable for General Category candidates.
6. The maximum age limit for candidates belonging to "Scheduled Caste" (SC) / "Scheduled Tribe" (ST) Category shall be relaxed by 5 years.
7. The maximum age limit for candidates belonging to Non-creamy layer of "Other Backward Classes' (OBC) Category shall be relaxed by 3 years.
8. The maximum age limit for women candidates of each Category shall be relaxed by additional 2 years.